Monday, October 13, 2008

Into This Forever

Oh baby, don't you speak with sterling silver lips,
yeah, your beautiful kisses are giving me fits.
yeah, your beautiful mouth is sounding out glitz
so give me another please miss,
I'll gather flowers from a field if you feel like it;
I'll gather chocolates from a store if you want me to;
I'll comb my hair and brush my teeth three times
and, heck, I'll wear a tie that's actually tied, not clipped,
to my neck if just you would this second consider some sex.

Remember four years ago when we were driving North
Ninety-Five, that god-forsaken interstate course,
just itching for the chance to get in bed,
to get undressed, drink champagne and forget
the chaos of the life we had temporarily left.
Remember January oh seven when we got home
alone and chose to create life - or at least try,
and now Ariella is alive?
oh baby, you still have those pretty lips
and ache as I do for a kiss, I'll get you those chocolates,
or those flowers or whatever. Just to let you know:
I'm into this forever.

No comments: