Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mission

Lend me a morning, and I'll teach you to sleep,
Think I'm self-destructive? well I've done learned to weep,
I've done what I can, and God, I'll do it again,
Yeah I'll give up on home, and head for the road
if that's what you want me to do,
yeah is that what you want me to do?

Hold me til morning, she said soft in my ear,
I'd love to but can't, for tomorrow is near,
I've done what I can, and God, I'll do it again,
But the sea keeps on calling, and the sea won't give in
and so I'm off in the morning
to spread the good news, yeah, the God's honest truth,

and heaving ho, my love
I've got to go
It's a calling again,
And I can only submit
To the message of a king
the world just struggles to see,
and oh me,
oh my, We must forget about me
oh me, oh my
we must forget about I,
for if in the end,
we give in to death,
we'll find ouselves alive
when we've forgotten of I

No comments: